Friday, March 28, 2014

Fearscape by Nenia Campbell

★★★★★
Fearscape is a suspenseful young adult novel about a teenage girl drawn to a mysterious, charming older boy who may also be the predatory stalker coveting her. This is the first book in the Horrorscape series.

Fearscape is an easy read with fluid writing in the style of the young adult genre. The contrasting dark themes enhanced the vulnerability of the main character creating an unsettling atmosphere.

The antagonist was wonderfully complex and disturbing. I enjoyed the head games and manipulation that forced the main character to become more than the sweet naive girl she started out as.

I was surprised by my inner fangirl being so enthusiastic about this book but I definitely look forward to reading the other books in this series.

[Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.]

No comments:

Post a Comment